The first Oxfordshire company opened its doors in 1888.
The 1st Oxford Company was based at St Peter-le-Bailey Church, in St Peter’s College Oxford.
In 1908 Sir William Alexander Smith inspected the 1st Witney Company
In 1952 the Battalion paid host to the meeting of Brigade Council
In 2008 members of every company in the Battalion took part in a special
120th year celebration service at St Peter-le-Bailey church
In 2009 The Battalion ran the 1st National Rowing Camp at Reading 26 Boys
attended from 9 Companies.
In 2010 Rt Revd Colin Fletcher MA(Oxon) OBE, Bishop of Dorchester and
Rt Honourable, The Lord Blair of Boughton MA(Oxon) QPM appointed
as joint Battalion patrons
In 2011 Prime Minister David Cameron inspected 1st Witney Company
In 2014 Brigade President Lord Griffiths of Bury Port led the Battalion Church
parade held at 1st Wallingford
FORMER MEMBERS REMEMBERED
Thomas Edward Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) 7th Oxford Coy
Canon David Stather-Hunt OBE Chaplain to many companies and the Battalion
Miss Marjorie Cowley BEM (awarded BEM for services to the BB) 1st Oxford Coy
Martin Stanford (News reader/Presenter Sky News) 2nd Witney Company
Pte Michael Peart (Awarded the Cross of Heroism in 1957) 1st Oxford Coy